Saturday, January 30, 2010

simple pages completed albums

I've been scrapbooking today! Here is a simple page layout that I wanted to share with you:
Last weekend was my dad's memorial. Afterwards we went to my step-mom's house and she got all of her Creative Memories albums out. We poured over them and you know what? There was not a single piece of colored paper or stickers on any page. Just photos and writing. And it was WONDERFUL. These were precious memories that we could share and enjoy and not a box of photos to wonder about. So don’t worry about getting it ‘right’ just get it ‘done.’ You will be so glad you did.


If you want a bit of decoration on your pages, here is what I did:



First I stuck all my cropped photos down...scrunching them about 1/4" apart allowing room for a title and photojournaling on the page.

Next, cut two 1-inch strips of paper to mount to both edges of the layout:
Add a title sticker:

I used a brown pen to add some dots...that kind of anchors your sticker to the page so it's not just floating in space.


I often use pre-cut squares of lined acid-free paper for journaling 'the story.' After writing, adhere some Tape Runner to the back, then mount on coordinating colored paper. Use trimmer to crop.


Stick journaling box on and voila! DONE!

This year I would rather be simple and DONE....than fancy and far-behind. If you feel the same way, then please keep checking back for more simple page layouts.
Happy Scrappin',
:DL

No comments:

Post a Comment