Thursday, September 16, 2010

how to get back into scrapbooking

this is my gorgeous scraproom and mini-store...it once looked like this.

before summer.

i don't know what happened but slowly things started piling up and now it looks like this:

Some of you can work in chaos but I can't. In fact, everytime I walk by this area I just sorta ignore it. I want to get back into scrapbooking but the fact is....

I'm overwhelmed.
Rather than stay 'stuck' in this funk, I thought I would turn to my blog and share my journey with you. Maybe you are in a similar situation where you are buried in your memorabilia, unprinted pictures, scrapbook supplies and good intentions.

I have preached before that just 15 minutes a day can make a huge difference in completing albums. Or some of us would rather go on a retreat and get a bunch done in one concentrated weekend.  I plan to do both.

Today I will:

Spend 15 minutes clearing the clutter in my scrapbook credenza.
I will put away, give away and throw away accordingly.

Happy Scrappin' Days are here again...(or soon to be),

:DL

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh, you said it!

    I was JUST looking at your site TODAY thinking about buying one of those layout boxes. I think I really need that, because by the time I come back to my preplanned things sometimes, I forget where I am and order duplicate pictures or some other wasteful (time or money) thing. Lucky for me I have a mini scrapper who will take any and ALL leftover pics, and a second mini scrapper in the making, though she doesn't have the heart of the other big one.

    And your clutter looks pretty good and clean compared to my clutter. What to do when you don't have a place to leave it out. I spend 15 minutes a day just trying to get it all out and put away. I guess that is where that layout box comes in handy.

    Next order of business, a scrapping and catch up date! I *think* I have one on file for tomorrow night with Tanya, we've been too busy to confirm that...but I'd really love to get one on the books with you. Maybe next Monday or Wednesday or the Monday or Wednesday after that? Things are so busy, but documenting is nearly as important as living...dontcha know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, yes, a Power Layouts box is a great place to store your current (and future) projects. When my kids were littler I kept everything in a Scrapbooking organizer bag - Creative Memories has tons of these type bags and carts. In fact, my two oldest daughters each have their own for their stuff. If you really dislike getting stuff out, maybe you could try the digital route. Just drag and click and all your 'supplies' stay in the computer, save your project as you go along! See 'Storybook' on my website. Hope this helps!! Happy Scrappin, :DL

    ReplyDelete