Wednesday, November 10, 2010

scrapbooking school albums

This week's project was getting Jelly's School Album caught up. And I did! It feels so good!
Everytime I felt myself getting overwhelmed, I just kept telling myself that 'a few photos and a few words for each year is sufficient.'  It's more than most kids get and it will be meaningful to her.

I start with a border down the side of the page (these pages happen to come pre-decorated, saving me this step).  Then I add a Title (i.e. "Seventh Grade") and a journal box:

In the journal box I write:
School year _______
My School _________
My teachers ___________
My friends _____________
I enjoy ____________________ 

I add a photo from the first day of school and the last day of school.
I add a 5x7 school portrait and misc. photos throughout the school year.

Each year gets about 4-6 pages. I include clear pocket pages for brochures and memorabilia or artwork.  I keep a file folder handy for each child and during the school year will toss things into their file that I want to include in their School Album.  I'm really excited to be caught up on this because it's much easier to keep up on these once/year than it is to go back over several years (or decades).

Next project: Blondie's school album...I'm the furthest behind on hers but I am determined to get hers caught up this year. What are you up to??

Happy Scrappin',
:DL

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog so far! I've stumbled across it while i was go-ogling something relating to school albums. I like the layout of your album! I recently started with my own album and i'm getting stuck on what to do - to make it interesting!! The decoration on the side looks stunning!!! I really wish that my mom took photos like you are doing for your daughter! She are so lucky to have you as a mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete