Saturday, May 25, 2013

scrapbook store closing

 
My favorite (and only) local scrapbook store is closing.
 
This is so sad to me. It has been a gathering place for the past several years where I have met many scrapbookers who have become dear friends. One Saturday a month from about 4pm-11pm I pull up a chair and get to work on my scrapbooks with Michael Jackson playing overhead. My friends and I would take a break and head out to a local restaurant for dinner. One time we even skipped out for an entire movie! Tuesday afternoons I used to pop in on a regular basis and get my photos into albums and journal our family memories. I was just putting Tuesday scrapbooking back into my calendar when I heard the news.
 
I'm not sure what we are going to do. I wish there was a "gathering place" nearby where women could get together and work on their projects together. Yes, we can meet in each other's houses but there is something more focused about being somewhere with sets of long tables and good lighting (and the laundry not buzzing at me or the 'should,' 'more importants' or 'to do's' distracting me).
 
I went to their close-out sale and picked up this awesome scrapbook paper storage unit:
 
 
For some reason my husband was not happy with this purchase. He didn't understand it. So I just set it up in my office and so far have left it empty until I figure out how I'm going to use it. I've noticed though that every time I walk by it I get a little pop of JOY!  It makes me happy. So in my mind it was a good buy. It also gives me many happy memories of my local scrapbook store. 
 
How about you? Have you noticed stores going out of business? Or are you fortunate enough to still have a local place to scrap?  Have you purchased any Scrapbook Furniture? How are you using it and how has it helped with your creativity or productivity? I would love to read your thoughts! (Post a comment below.)  

4 comments:

  1. I've recently started to organized mt stash in a scraprack. When it is all done - practically everything will be at my fingertips.

    Sarah S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I didn't know what a scraprack was so I googled it. that's a HUGE notebook! but how very cool! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local scrapbook store also closed. There are still places to shop, but they are farther away! And I buy lots from Creative Memories.

    My favorite "scrapbook furniture" are the 4 large adjustable drafting tables that I purchased. These are in my scrapbook room and gives me and 3 friends plenty of room to crop! These face each other so we can visit while we crop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! What an amazing scrapbook room!

      Delete