Friday, August 9, 2013

Thanks for the Memories...my 20 year anniversary with Creative Memories

 
Last Chance ordering has come and gone...Creative Memories has informed us that all Consultant contracts will end on August 31st. After 20 years, I will no longer be a Creative Memories Consultant. And after September 23, there will no longer be Creative Memories, the company.
 
I've been cleaning out my office and reflecting on the amazing times of being a Creative Memories leader....What a ride!!!  From the very first start of my dream in 1993:
 
I was married and working in Portland when I stumbled across an article in Virtue magazine about "Shoebox to Showcase" aka Creative Memories! I used my birthday money to purchase a wedding album and soon after decided I wanted to do this as a business so that when I started having babies I could work from home. (4 babies and 20 years later I would say that it worked out quite well for me!)
 
I've been rembering all of the fun Workshops and at-large Events we put on through the years:
 
Helping customers complete albums. Helping precious mommies who were battling cancer complete memory books for their children....helping moms of struggling teenagers connect through completing scrapbooks...helping grandmothers remember long ago events to leave a legacy...
helping men, women and children...of all ages celebrate and preserve their memories
 
 
Hosting themed Workshops in my home and my little girls would always entertain with special songs or just being little Hostesses. They learned a lot about serving others and talking to 'grown-ups' through my home business:
 
Grateful for Customers and Consultants who have become dear friends....

 
Remembering all of the Meetings, Regional Conventions and National Conventions
 


receiving On Stage Awards, and Recognition:
 
 
 
Promoting to Senior Consultant, Unit Leader, Senior Unit Leader and Director:
 
Earning the coveted "Director's Chair"
 

 Earning all-expense-paid Incentive Trips:


  
 
Serving on the Recognition Committee and Page Design Committees. Receiving the Regional Spirit of Success Award. Speaking to over 4,000 Consultants at National Convention, hitting over $1,000,000 (one million dollars!) in annual team sales!
 
all of these are Memories I hold and treasure in my heart....
 
 
I will still scrapbook.
 
 
I will still use the Creative Memories supplies that I love and stocked up on (until I run out).
 
 

I will still enjoy our albums and the memories....
I will still believe in
Simple Pages, Completed Albums:
 
 
 
I will cherish the memories in my heart and take with me the gifts and lessons I have learned in the past 20 years as an entrepreneur with Creative Memories. A new chapter in my life is starting with my new Thirty-One business. It is humbling to start at the ground floor in my mid 40's but with God's strength I can build a business again or as I jokingly tell my husband, "I am building my Empire!"
 
Thanks for the memories.....thank you to all my loyal customers, to my team and to my friends, and to all of you who read my scrapbooking blog. I will keep this blog and share my own scrapbooking updates with you here but I will no longer have a link to my Creative Memories business as of August 31.


Happy Scrappin',
 
Donna Lyn ...
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes but reminded me that we "smile because it happened" - so many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad! Are you not going to be a part of whatever "new thing" is going to be made out of CM? To me, DL=CM... probably because without CM, I would not have had you first as my "upline Director" (you were the consultant I aspired to be) and then as my good friend today. Isn't life a strange journey? *big sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully done and said! I need to get motivated and get a thank you letter/post out to my clients/friends. Thanks for the reminder! Best of luck with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete