Sunday, November 3, 2013

Future self...what should I do?


I'm having an unexpected turn of events in my professional life.
The court decision on the approval of the future reinvention of Creative Memories is very soon.
As a creditor, I sent in my ballot. I was going to vote No, but I after seeing the business plan, I changed my vote to Yes.  I have been with Creative Memories for 20 years (!) and have been there in the good times and the not-so-good times. I have ridden the storms until I could no longer stay on board.

In 2011 I released my team of Consultants so that I could try something new.
I wanted to see what a more simplified business system would be like (CM's computer systems were antiquated and cumbersome, compounded by a string of other problems that constrained them). It took me 4 years to find another company to join and when I did, I went in full out!

It was interesting to find a different company and see how fun, fast and easy it could be.
I quickly built a team and enjoyed the camaraderie of this new business...

And yet...I hung on to a cord...

I held on to Creative Memories by continuing to service my loyal customers through my personal website.
Continuing to put my own photos into Creative Memories albums.
Staying informed on what was happening with the company.

What was so hard about letting go completely?
There was something that I was still holding out Hope for. 


I am very thankful for my time with my current business (Thirty-One Gifts).
I love my amazing team, the cute products, my wonderful Hostesses and customers.
That is something that I do not regret and I am still actively involved in. It filled the need for an additional stream of income while CM was reinventing themselves.

Up until last week I thought I had found my Plan B and was moving on...yet knew that I hadn't completely left CM. This week Creative Memories revealed their final plan to emerge from their bankruptcy and get out from under the confines of previous management. The Plan revealed their new, simplified product line, computer systems, career plan, Consultant website plan, even their new name...and I love it.  Everything is very close to what I was wishing, hoping, praying for ever since they fell into sophisticated confusion.

This is my heart singing!
This is my passion...photos, stories, simplicity,
complete albums, display boards, pens and tape.

This proposed plan that needs to jump the hurdle of Court Approval on November 7.
But this is something that I prayed for and now may be faced with the reality of...

but in the meantime, I have set lofty goals and am working another business!! oh my, oh my!!
What about my Plan B??

As a wise friend said, "You can't ride two horses with one hiney."  Or something like that...

What do you think?
Are any of you working two businesses and how is that working for you?
DSA has a rule where you can't be a Leader for 2 companies, but you can be a Leader in one and a seller in another.  I have been doing 2 businesses for 3 years now and would really prefer to concentrate on just one and do it with excellence.

Does this make me fickle? Or is this just the result of finding a Plan B and then your first love, your Plan A, says, Hey! I've been to rehab! Let's get back together! lol

20 years.
heart song.
photos
stories
mission

oh, and Made in the U.S.A.

future self...what should I do???


"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment