Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Halloween costume memories



I have to give credit to my friend Cindy for this post today.   She inspired me with her darling Halloween home decor. I was delivering a Creative Memories order to her which included our "Bats in the Belfry " coverset (update: SOLD OUT). 




I was so surprised to see that she had  years worth of tally sheets from each year of trick or treaters coming to her door! She has a record of how many trick-or-treaters came, what  the weather was that evening and of course photos of her kids in their costumes.


I  can't wait to see her completed Halloween album!!

She also inspired me by showing me one of her round coffee tables full of Halloween frames and each frame had a picture of her kids from throughout the years in their Halloween costumes. I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I did allow my children to dress up throughout the years to attend fall festivals  and when we moved to a larger neighborhood I started to join the Halloween fun by passing out candy and letting my kids trick-or-treat.

Cindy told me that many of the frames she had decorated herself so that inspired me to stop by the Goodwill on my way home and pick up a few frames of my own.  I got to work later that afternoon with Washi tape, ribbons and bows and digging up old pictures of my kids in their costumes.



Here are just a few that I was able to find. I know I have about 15 more photos that I'll need to print out but this was a good start for an afternoon project.





Thank you, Cindy, for sharing your ideas with me and giving my family a sweet tradition.  These will look great on our mantle above our fireplace or on a coffee table with a basket of candy.

Do any of you have the Magnetic Display Board Creative Memories used to sell? I still have mine hanging near the kitchen. When I was going through old pictures of Halloween costumes I found a few gems that I just had to use to decorate my board:



That's it for now. I hope you all have a safe and yummy Halloween/fall festival!

Happy Scrappin'

DL

No comments:

Post a Comment