Saturday, October 15, 2011

Updating kids' school scrapbooks!

I'm scrapbooking today!!

It's always such a mess when I decide to do this but I actually do have a 'system' for updating my kids' school albums.  I take out their file from the year (in this case last school year, Sugar was in 3rd grade) and I make the following 'piles':

1.  First day of school photo
2. Class photo
3. Photo of student with their teacher
4. Photos/memorabilia from major school events (i.e., Jogathon, Field Trip, etc)
5. Sports photos/Team photos
6. Self-portrait and/or handwriting sample
7. Any lists of favorite things (friends, activities, hobbies, colors, foods, etc.) - I don't make these up I only use them if I have them from school work and/or Star Student poster or something like that
8. Last day of school photo

With all the leftovers I split into:
1. Recycle/Trash
2. File in the attic for a future bonfire
3. Keep extra photos in their File for future class projects/posters/etc
Note: do not keep memorabilia in here unless it is current, it will just confuse you later when you go to scrapbook 4th grade...now is the time to clean out this file except for duplicate photos
4. Give them anything I think would be cute for their room bulletin board

Next:
1. Layout 4 pieces of 12x12 scrapbook paper on the floor or large table
2. Trim/Crop the photos and memorabilia to fit everything onto the scrapbook paper (yes, I truly only do 2 pages/4 sides per school year....well, at least for the 3rd and 4th child; don't ask me how many pages per year I gave my first-born)
3. Stick everything on with Tape Runner
4. Write/Label or type some words from mom

Voila!
Well, not voila yet, but I'm workin' on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment