Monday, June 22, 2015

My "new" old Cricut Machine

I am now the proud owner of a Cricut Machine! Yes, it only took me 15 years to take the plunge, haha.  It is the old-school kind (meaning that it doesn't hook up to the computer). 

It basically cuts out shapes and letters from paper (using the cartridges it came with) and you can adjust the sizes to use for bulletin boards, card making, scrapbooking, etc..

It's called "Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter."  My neighbor told me she heard there was a scrapbook room at a local Estate Sale so I went to check it out. I arrived 15 minutes before they closed on Sunday. I found the sacred scrapbook room and said a silent "bless you." I was happy they weren't selling her scrapbooks and I was relieved I didn't see any uncompleted projects or photos.

I found the machine-that-always-intimidated-me marked with a $167 tag and a $250 receipt tucked in the manual.  The sale was quickly closing and dishes were starting to be packed up. 

I offered $50 and guess what?

They said sure!

It came with 4 Cricut Cartridges, 2 replacement blades, a pack of Cricut paper, 5 Cricut ink markers and 10 Cricut cutting mats. They also had some other things in the box as well including a Creative Memories cutting mat (slightly used). I hope that's a good deal. 

I also purchased several bags of Ribbon for just a few dollars. I LOVE using ribbon - not so much in my scrapbooking, but I love using ribbon because I love wrapping presents! So now I have a ton of really cute spools of ribbon to add to my gift wrapping stash!



I'm sorry the owner passed away and I don't know her 'story' but I do hope she would be happy knowing that some of her supplies will be put to good use and creativity. I'm grateful I could get this older version and not have one that connects to the internet. I'm already on the computer a lot and I prefer to go offline when I'm scrappin'.

How about you? What is the best "deal" you've found at an Estate Sale recently?  Do you enjoy going to Estate Sales? I would love for you to share you comments below!

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment