Sunday, October 18, 2009

Organizing your Scrapbook "Stuff"

Before I can show you Power Layouts Step 2, I'll give you peek into how I organize my scrapbook "stuff" (paper and stickers):


I have this cool folder holder called a Power Palette Organizer .
(I dunno why they didn't call it a Folder Holder but I guess Power Palette Organizer is alright.)

Mine is quite full but it works for me. I sort my paper/stickers by theme and then as I need a certain theme I just pull out a folder:


Each folder has a few pockets so I have full sheets of paper, cut up pieces of paper (scraps), letter stickers, and decorative stickers all seperate from each other.

Of course, you'll want to come up with your top used themes (that you take pictures of) but here are mine:

Summer
Travel
Fall
School
Sports
Christmas
Winter
Birthdays
Spring
Baby
Boy
Girl
Animals
...then for papers/stickers that don't have a specific theme, I sort by color:

Metallics
Neutrals
Yellows
Oranges
Reds
Pinks
Purples
Blues
Greens
Some of my folders get quite full:

I have something similar for my smaller sticker sheets...which I've condensed into the same themes:

So now that you can access your 'stuff', you are ready to decorate your pages that you have laid out in Power Layouts Step One. Step Two coming soon!!! Hope this helped today!
Happy Scrappin',
:DL







No comments:

Post a Comment