Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to Organize your Scrapbooking Supplies

Step 7 Gather Your Supplies...this is the fun part!

I'm going on a retreat in a couple of weeks and this is what I'm bringing:

Scrapbook Album and Pages...I'm using 12x12 for our 2010 Family Album
12 inch Trimmer and Personal Trimmer
my small Personal Trimmer has a handy drawer where I store:
Scissors
Blades for my 12-inch Trimmer
Tape Runner Adhesive
Black Fine-tip Pen


Decorative Supplies...
I use my handy Paper Organizer to hold my paper and ABC stickers sorted
by color or theme as well as my "Additions."


Additions are themed packs of patterned paper, stickers, and Title stickers.
 I've selected a variety to cover photos of 2010 (Winter,
Spring, Summer,4th of July, Fall, Disney, School, Tea Party, etc.)


I also bring colored pens and ABC stickers for journaling and titling:


That should do it!  

If I want to get extra creative I may also bring:

Cutting System (cuts my pictures into ovals, circles and other shapes)
Shape Makers - basically punches that punch my paper into decorative shapes
Paper Flowers and Ribbon

I will also pack:
Photos in my Photo Storage Box
Memorabilia File
Extra Page Refills and Extra Adhesive Refills
Party Bag of Pretzel M&M's 

Something new that I'm going to try:
Page Planners....a set of plastic page templates and Idea Book
to help me layout fast cute pages!  I'll let you know how that works...stay tuned.

What about you? How are you doing on Getting Back Into Scrapbooking?
Have these ideas helped?  If you don't have a retreat getaway planned in the next month or so, then schedule in some time in your calendar for a morning or evening of scrapbooking. See if you can get started on that next album you are dreaming of completing. I would love to know what it is and how you're doing!! 

Happy Scrappin',
:DL