Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Turning leftover Fabric Swatches into Gift Bags


Some of you may know that I was Thirty-One Gifts Consultant. When a new Catalog comes out some of their patterns retire and I was left with a few retired fabric swatches. Someone came up with this great idea to re-purpose the fabric swatches by hot gluing them onto craft paper gift bags.

You can get these plain gift bags bundled in different sized packs at the Dollar Store.

  

They go from blah to wow with my hot glue gun and my fabric swatches 



My fabric swatches have a rivet on top (because I display them on a ring): 



so I just hole punch the bag through the rivet and attach a coordinating ribbon or other decorative item like this Rosette Clip:



Even if you aren't a Thirty-One Consultant and don't have access to fabric swatches, I'm sure you could cut your own with fabric remnants you may have in your craft room. You could even use leftover scrapbooking paper. 

I made a bunch of these so now I have them in my gift closet, ready to grab the next time we have a birthday or special occasion to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment