Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How to Recover Photos After a Disaster

Our thoughts are with everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. If you or anyone you know has damage to pictures or albums, check out these helpful tips on disaster recovery on Creative Memories website. Follow this link and go to Care of Photographs and the article “Recover Photos After a Disaster.”

Family Photos Withstand the Effects of Sandy
As we dig into the holiday season and show off our amazing albums and photo gifts, it’s events like Hurricane Sandy that help us put our mission and declaration of beliefs into focus.
Director Cathy Miller of Pennsylvania helps us put these core beliefs into perspective with a special story from a customer who experienced Hurricane Sandy’s wrath firsthand. Cathy says, “I am sharing this story because I want to remind you that what we do is so important. Our customers don’t always have dramatic stories like this one, but I love the fact that I’m not just selling a product but am offering them a way to store special memories. Feel free to share this with your team members.”Cathy Miller

“Eighteen years ago my parents bought a beach house we kids all enjoyed. For years it was a place where my extended family could get together. In 2009 we had a flood that destroyed the entire main floor. We rebuilt it, and, during this whole time, I was the “keeper of history.” I took the family pictures from the house and put them in albums. And then I learned about Creative Memories and transferred my family’s photos and stories to Creative Memories albums.

“Then Hurricane Sandy hit. And it seems I have lost the house again … maybe for the final time. I have been so very sad. A family friend was able to get to the house, and I told him the ONLY things I wanted were my Creative Memories albums with the last pictures I had of my mom and dad and our beach house memories. When he got there, he found five feet of water in the house and my albums right in the middle of it. But he grabbed what he could.

“When he brought the albums to me, I cried, thinking I lost all of my family history. The covers were soaked and swollen, yet EVERY picture survived. No damage! How can that be? The Creative Memories paper and pages soaked up the seawater and kept it from harming my family history. I have no words to use to express how thankful I am to you and Creative Memories for teaching me how to keep my family stories alive. I will never forget you, and because of you, no one will forget my family. I will be forever grateful!”
– Patti from Colts Neck, New Jersey


Our thoughts are with Patti and everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. If you or anyone you know has damage to pictures or albums, check out these helpful tips on disaster recovery on our website. Follow this link and go to Care of Photographs and the article “Recover Photos After a Disaster.”

No comments:

Post a Comment