Friday, November 2, 2012

2004 is DONE!!

 
My goal is to get "current" on all my unfinished scrapbook projects so today I am celebrating an accomplishment!!
 
2004 Album is DONE!!
 
Whoo-hoo!!
 
This album was mostly completed but there were loose ends...pages that weren't journaled, photos that were missing, etc.
 
Scrapbooking can be a pain. My bio says I "love scrapbooking" which should more accurately say: I love completed albums. I love stickers. I love putting page protectors on. But mostly scrapbooking can be a pain. I was definitely procrastinating. But I finally put the album on my pool table and then the kitchen counter as a reminder, "Hey, you! Finish me!!"  That seemed to do the trick. Just 5 minutes here....15 minutes there...over several weeks  and today it's DONE!!
 
I found it interesting the two biggest journal pieces that were missing:
 
1. The week we experienced a severe snow/ice storm. Our furnace went out; the roads were unaccessible to repairmen; the airports were also closed and believe it or not my parents were supposed to be flying in to watch my 3 girls while I was scheduled to fly out to for the weekend to visit my husband who was supposed to be at a Navy Conference in Hawaii!! All flights were cancelled. The airport literally shut down. And we had no heat for a week. 
 
2. The passing of our beloved Uncle David (58 years old) from complications from a bone marrow transplant. It was devastating. We will always feel his loss in our family. So that was a hard one but I managed to write a little bit about it and put a page protector on that heartache today.
 
There were a few photos missing from various page spreads which I mananged to locate in my Giant Box of Photos. Got those mounted and page protectors on!
 
One funny memory (not funny at the time, but funny now) was found on this page spread:

It was the time my oldest was supposed to be watching my youngest but when I found my youngest she was alone in my office and covered from head to toe with White-Out!  That stuff apparently does NOT come out very easily because we have photos from a week later and she is still covered in the stuff! Every little toenail was painted...all up her legs, her hands, on her nose and cheeks. The paper memorabilia on the right of this page spread is the note I made the "babysitter" write:
 
What I will do next time I babysit:
 
1. I will not let her off my sight.
 
2. I will make shure that she's close by.
 
3. I will not put my nose in a book.
 
4. I will tell mom when I am done.
 
 
2004 was my last year of being a mommy to 3 girls (the Prince will arrive in 2005).
2004 was the year I fell in love with a hotel (The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs).
2004 was the year we took a road trip to California and took the girls to Disneyland.
2004 highlights are now in a scrapbook for us to enjoy.
 
What unfinished album are you procrastinating?
Want to get it out and do the next thing?  5 minute here...15 minutes there....
I'm cheering for you!
 
Happy Scrappin'

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment