Friday, July 5, 2013

Creative Memories LAST CHANCE

 
This is it. Believe it or not. July 8-31, Creative Memories promises to fill orders on the above products. They will take orders and then order enough supplies to fulfill the orders. They say it could take up to 90 days to fill the orders depending on the volume of orders they receive.
 
It is hard for me to believe that this is the same company that was started 26 years ago by a Montana homemaker who called Webway and let the phone ring and ring and ring because she was so distraught they were discontinuing her favorite pages. She, of all people, should know how we feel about no more blank refills. I can't imagine her not keeping a traditional core product that thousands of customers use and love. But that is what seems to be happening.
 
It is hard for me to tell you what to order when I don't know what is coming. They suggest purchasing what you need to complete your current projects. I think that is good advice. Then if/when they do launch a new product we can see how that will work with our upcoming projects. Personally, I stocked up on blank refill pages, page protectors and adhesive just because I would rather have what I need. But I certainly didn't stock up for decades of scrapbooking...just a few years worth.
 
Some Consultants are very excited about the change and optimistically looking forward with great anticipation. I hope they are right. I've just seen too much behind the scenes (behind the curtain?) to feel very optimistic right now. I guess in a perfect world where I was CEO of CM, I would offer:
 
3 sizes of Album Covers in classic colors
blank refill pages
page protectors
personal trimmer and 12-inch trimmer
adhesive - photo tape, photo splits, tape runner
fade-proof, smudge-proof pens
title stickers
colorful card stock in a variety of colors
 
But I'm not the CEO...just the Consultant who is celebrating her 20th Anniversary with CM and looking at the end of scrapbooking as she knew it for so long.
 
Forgive me while I grieve just a bit...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment