Thursday, August 4, 2016

Decluttering tip: Digitize your Old Home Movies, Slides and Scrapbooks



Ahhh summer...when life pares down to the simple: flip flops and a towel.


Part of my decluttering mission this summer is to digitally transfer my outdated yet precious VHS home movies and slides.  Here is a decluttering tip:


\

This picture shows the comparison after I digitally transferred 3 old home movies onto DVD and Cloud storage. I went from taking 3-1/2 inches of space to just 3/4 inch (and no space at all in Cloud storage) - and this is just the beginning of my collection! 


I'm in the process of getting all my movies, slides & scrapbooks digitized onto DVD and Cloud storage!! I love how uncluttered it feels to throw out my bulky media storage. This is what I do for my clients too  - I help people digitize their media before it deteriorates. 


But more importantly, I love helping people celebrate the family connections made through reliving and sharing memories. We laugh so hard we cry when watching these old movies! My kids never knew their mom was so hip (thank you 80's) and that their grandma looked just like Angie Dickinson (thank you 70's). So many more gems to discover on this heritage hunt! I love my job as a Legacy Maker!  (I'll share a snippet pretty soon!)





No comments:

Post a Comment