Thursday, June 20, 2013

an update from Rhonda Anderson

The rumors are flying and it has been difficult to sort it all out but I want to be as helpful as possible so that

1. We aren't unnecessarily stockpiling and

2. We aren't caught off guard.

Some Consultants have contacted Rhonda Anderson, Creative Memories co-founder directly trying to get clarification on what will and won't be available if the court approves the launch of a "new" CM.

What I have heard (and granted this is hearsay) is that they are restricted on what they can share about their future product line by the bankruptcy ruling. But Rhonda did share that they will have Refill Pages for a variety of Fast to Fabulous albums in a variety of colors ("some very, very simple").  These refill pages will be the same size as our current albums.  

"I can also tell you that we believe Page Protectors are an important product."

As soon as they have permission from the Court they will share more information.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Personally (this is Donna Lyn typing), I have a Fast to Fabulous Kit and I love it! I love the album and I like the predesigned pages. What I don't like about the predesigned pages is that they have 2-4 photos per page and I usually put 4-7 photos per page but I can work around this by using photo mounting paper and also cropping photos smaller, etc..  Not as ideal as blank pages but workable for sure. And much faster if you just add your photos and journaling.

Here is what my Fast to Fabulous "Sunshine Getaway" looks like:




It also came with a pack of mounting paper and a pack of Page Protectors.

If you like BLANK PAGES, you will have to order NOW. Even the Fast to Fabulous Kits are not guaranteed to be here as all of the plans for the re-launch of a "new" CM are contingent upon court approval (June 26).

If it is approved, I am excited about it because I do love these F2F Kits and of course, there is nothing like Creative Memories quality album covers. So I am excited to see the larger variety that will be offered in this area.

However, this leaves me with a current dilemma in ordering enough Blank Refill pages to fill my current coversets. Although...if pre-designed page refills will be available, those will fit into my existing coversets, so that might just work! (And as Rhonda supposedly said, "some are very, very simple"). 

If you like BLANK refill pages, you will want to order them NOW. If the court approves, they will make them on demand through July. That means they "promise" not to run out and will make as many as are ordered. Including Page Protectors. Now is the time to count up what you need and preorder them. I hope this helps you make an informed decision on what is best for your scrapbooking needs and your budget.

Happy (?) Scrappin',
DL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment